There are presently no open calls for submissions.
CALL FOR BREAKING GROUND 2021
CONDER/dance presents :
Breaking Ground 2021 /// in association with Tempe Center for the Art's DisruptFest
Contemporary Dance and Film Festival
April 23 - 24, 2021
Call for Work Opens: December 15, 2020
Deadline for Submission: February 1, 2021
Artists will be notified of final selections by February 10, 2021
Please choose the category of form that fits your work:
Carley Conder : Artistic Director – CONDER/dance, Clinical Associate Professor for Herberger Institute for Design and the Arts at Arizona State University.
Additional Panelists to be announced.
Judging Criteria includes innovation, execution, clear communication of ideas, and thought-provoking material. Multi-media work is encouraged.
Core Values of Breaking Ground Festival
Artistic Support - Provide a strong platform for artists to develop and present their work in traditional and non-traditional settings to invested, enthusiastic audiences.
Community Engagement - Provide a leadership position that aims to strengthen relationships with community partners that will allow the festival to act as a catalyst to bring isolated communities together.
Inclusive Programming - Actively seek out dance programming that represents the quality, stylistic and cultural range of what contemporary dance has to offer.
Application Fee: $30
Arizona Artists: $25
All Artists selected for BG21 Mainstage will receive a $250 honorarium.
No Production Fees are required if selected.
2021 ARTIST REQUIREMENTS
- No public performances in Arizona of work selected between February 15, 2021 and April 25, 2021.
- Promotional materials and efforts as requested by Breaking Ground administrative staff.
- Technical and dress rehearsals on April 22, 23 and/or 24, 2021.
- Production Showing on March 15, 2021. This is a mandatory showing for all artists. A live showing can be scheduled with CONDER/dance or a video showing is also acceptable.
- DISCLAIMER: CONDER/dance reserves the right to remove a work from Breaking Ground programming following the Production Showing if the work is deemed unfit for performance by members of the Adjudication Panel.
BG21 ARTISTS WILL RECEIVE:
- One or two performances at Tempe Center for the Arts – Theater
- Minimum of 45 minutes tech time and a dress rehearsal on stage (MainStage artists only)
- Performance honorarium of $250.
- Covered costs of production including theater rental, lighting design, marketing, public relations, technical direction and program administration
- Reduced rates on BG20 Master Classes and BG20 merchandise
- Paid teaching opportunities - Selected Artists Only
BG21 ARTISTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Travel Expenses for out of town artists
- Lodging for out of town artists
- Technical needs beyond what Tempe Center for the Arts includes in standard rental fee. It may be necessary for the artist to provide fees for exceptional video, lighting, sound needs. Examples include: hazer, piano, specific projection needs.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions.